Keine Wartungsbestätigungen

Alles, was mit der Technik der LUFTgekühlten R1200xx zu tun hat
Antworten
Wormeldange

#1 Beitrag von Wormeldange »

Sie können auf Deutsch antworten. Der BMW Service wird einmal pro Jahr durchgeführt, der Umfang der Services kann abhängig vom Fahrzeugalter und den gefahrenen Kilometern variieren. I am interested in buying a BMW R 1200 Cruiser (2001/15.000km) but my problem is that the bike has no maintenance book (kein Wartungsbuch). So I cannot verify if the bike was regularly serviced by an authorized BMW dealer (keine Wartungsbestätigungen). Furthermore, I cannot verify if the mileage (15.000km) is correct. However, the owner was able to show me invoices of some service work, which were carried out by authorized BMW dealer as follows:

2001: 0km, Ankauf
2004: BMW Service durchgeführt bei km 7.700 (BMW Nürnberg)
2010: BMW Service durchgeführt bei km 11.000 (BMW Luxemburg)
2012: 15.0000km (heute)

This suggests that no service was carried out for 6 years (from 2004 to 2010). However, the bike was not used that much. The bike looks like a new bike (no scratches, nothing).

In your view, any risk? What do you think?
Pitmac
Mopped(s): R 1250 GS HP, Triumph Tiger Ra

#2 Beitrag von Pitmac »

Hello, you can ask a friendly BMW Service! Give them the serialnumber of the bike and they can match the services that still made over the database:)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dmb4v5
FRS 3263
Mopped(s): R 1200 R

Re: Keine Wartungsbestätigungen

#3 Beitrag von FRS 3263 »

Wormeldange hat geschrieben:This suggests that no service was carried out for 6 years (from 2004 to 2010). However, the bike was not used that much. The bike looks like a new bike (no scratches, nothing).
The main reason to look for a regularly serviced bike is not only to prevent faults, ist's to count on BMW's goodwill if a high-priced fault happends after waranty time.

As your desired bike is 10 years old the chance of a goodwill share in fault circumstances is really low. So your decision should be based more on the bikes current condition and not on it's service history.

However as suggested in the posting above. All officiall BMW dealers are able to check the bikes service history. Worth to ask one of them.
Wormeldange

#4 Beitrag von Wormeldange »

I was particularly interested in the service book to verify the mileage. What I have now is just the first registration and invoices from 2004 and 2010 (both from a BMW dealer). If the seller does not even pretend to have a full service record (just twice, in 2004 and 2010) then I do not think the BMW delaer would be able to provide more information. I have, in fact, copies of the invoices from 2004 and 2010 and see what was done. By the way, the seller, who is a (non-BMW) dealer, gives a 12 months full guarantee. All repairs, if any, will be done at the BMW dealer, at seller's expense. This gives some comfort.
FRS 3263
Mopped(s): R 1200 R

#5 Beitrag von FRS 3263 »

Wormeldange hat geschrieben:I was particularly interested in the service book to verify the mileage.
Look for suspicious wear at seat, foot rests and hand rests which doesn't match to the official milage.

What I have now is just the first registration and invoices from 2004 and 2010 (both from a BMW dealer). If the seller does not even pretend to have a full service record (just twice, in 2004 and 2010) then I do not think the BMW delaer would be able to provide more information.
If a BMW dealer is able to find more invoices, the former owners story turns to untrue. Worth to verify or not?
Antworten